Saturday 27 February 2010

Red light jumping clown

I hate cyclists that jump red lights. If you want to get into town faster, pedal faster. Work harder. Work up a sweat. Gumbies.

What really annoyed me about the clown in this clip is that not only did he jump the light, he then meandered down the hill comparatively slowly, meaning he held me up. I normally do 50+ down this hill. He was pedalling, and I was coasting with the brakes on. I couldn't overtake due to cars coming up from behind, so I had to sit on his light-jumping tail and quietly fume.

To cap it off, he blasted through a cross walk and came close to wiping out a pedestrian. What a twat. Finally, the last car went past, and I tromped it and went smoking past.


I'm careful never to be nasty to people like this on the road, because you never know when you will meet them again. I caught two red lights after crossing the bridge, and at the 2nd one, he pulled up next to me. The best thing to do is just grin and bear it...... and possibly keep riding when you see one jump a light and get taken out by a bus.

4 comments:

1735099@gmail.com said...

BOAB
"a cross walk"
That's what you do when you've had a disagreement with someone and stalk off in a huff.
Aren't they called "pedestrian crossings" on this side of the Pacific?
But he was a twat....

Furor Teutonicus said...

I'm careful never to be nasty to people like this on the road, because you never know when you will meet them again.

The trick is to make sure if you DO get nasty with them, and meet them again, it is to take flowers and a basket of fruit to their hospital bed side.

More than a few times I have found one of these idiots,whilst on my motor cycle.

Grab the seat with the left hand, and accelerate slowly, and ever increasingly.

There face at 90MPH is a PICTURE, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

BOAB - you should always say something to morons like that ... doesn't have to be agressive but enough to make them think twice next time. If people are going to ride in Sydney they need to be made aware that their refusal to abide by road rules impacts on every single other rule abiding cyclist out there.

Furor Teutonicus said...

I LOVE the law here.

If you are caught breaking traffic law on your push bike, you get poits on your driving licence.

I can not find the official figures, but in my local pub alone, there are five people banned from driving, but have never recieved a single point whilst in the car. The points have been "gained" by things like "cycling on the pavement", or as in the origional story here, "cycling through a junction whilst the traffic signal is red", "cycling at night without lights" etc.

You can also by "breathalysed" for cycling whilst drunk" and drug tested as well. All of which will get you a driving ban.