Friday 11 April 2008

Snot

I have been suffering from a bad case of snot this week. Not clear, runny mucus. Instead, I have been subjected to the full-blown green horror variety. Thick and lumpy and stickier than blu-tac.

The funny thing is that I don't have the flu, or a fever, or a lung infection of any sort. I just blow out a lump of snot from each nostril every morning, and cough up a handful of bright green goo.... and that's it. No more coughing, sneezing or snotting for the rest of the day - just the early morning lung clearing variety.

Talk about weird. I haven't smoked (regularly) for about 20 years. The air pollution doesn't seem that bad at present. I don't detect any obvious pollen floating about. I am simply producing a throat full of green goo per morning.

When it started, I thought I'd be off the bike for a week or two, recovering from some nasty lurgee, but the lurgee is yet to arrive (touch wood). I've woken up each morning, had a hack, cough and snort, pulled on the wet weather gear and gone. No fever. No shakes. Not even a runny nose.

I don't know what is going on, but it's a weird start to winter.

No comments: