Wednesday 2 April 2008

Chocolate goldfish

Took the kids to the pool today. Just about damn near killed me as my head was splitting, but we went. Youngsters gotta have their splish-splash time.

We had about 20 minutes in the kiddy pool before all these bossy mums arrived and started turfing the kids out (I was the only dad there). Before long, we were almost the only ones in the pool. I asked one what was going on, and was told that someone had done a poo in the pool.

We bailed as well. A pool attendant turned up with a bag on a stick and started searching for the poo, mostly without success it seems. Some kids went to jump back in the pool, and he stopped them by saying, "Can't go in now kids - we're searching for chocolate goldfish".

That was a great line.

Someone asked him another question about the poo, and he replied, "Don't worry, it happens all the time".

Great. Just the kind of thing I wanted to know. I'd prefer that it was a once in a 10,000 year experience myself.

No comments: