Friday 7 December 2007

Common sense in Queensland

I never thought I'd write this, but the banana benders can show more common sense than those of us south of the border.

I took this photo on the Gold Coast a few years ago. I like the advice - "Don't block the path". That's all you have to say to pedestrians - just be nice and don't block the path.



This is how similar signage is put up in NSW. Here we are crossing the ANZAC bridge at sunset. Up ahead is a similar sign, but you'll never see it - and that's not because the sun is shining in your eyes.



The sign is just starting to appear from behind another sign that has been erected in front of it. How's that for smarts?



The only time you see the sign is in the second or so that it becomes visible as you ride past the first obscuring sign. Even then, the sign is a good 10 feet off the ground, which means it is completely outside the field of view of your average pedestrian and cyclist - who tend to look at the road in front, rather than the sky.



I crossed the bridge at least 20 times before I saw this sign. Great placement guys.

No comments: