Saturday 26 January 2008

Wasting Police Time

I went a bit mad in a bookshop not long ago and bought a foot of books.

I am now plowing through number 2 in the pile - Wasting Police Time. It's a great read, but I've been having difficulty making headway because I keep falling asleep on the couch whilst I'm reading it. Not because it is boring - it's anything but boring. I think it's because my brain can only process so much information about a bureaucratic nightmare before it shuts down.

It's a must read.

Funnily enough, we had a friend around for dinner recently, and they work for the police here, and they took off with Frank Chalk's book (which I had just finished). I'm not sure they will be so enthusiastic about taking Wasting Police Time, as it will probably remind them too much of the daily grind against crime here in Sydney.

No comments: