Wednesday 2 January 2008

Something to annoy Jeremy Clarkson

I've watched plenty of rants on Top Gear over the years about caravans, and whilst I've always found them to be hilarious, they've never struck a chord with me. I can't remember the last time I was stuck behind a slow moving aluminium annoyance. I just can't. It's possible that it happens so rarely and for such brief moments that it's like trying to remember what shoes you wore on your third birthday.



That's probably because the caravaners are all up north, annoying the banana-benders, or they are spread over a much bigger continent, meaning we don't have caravan densities of 20 to the traffic jam.

Another alternative is that because most of Australia is so flat, caravans are rarely reduced to poxing along at 30kmh whilst the Morris Minor towing it has a heart attack. You rarely see a caravan being towed by a vehicle with less than 3 litres under the bonnet - most seem to be towed by a 4WD that could pull the Queen Mary out of a swamp. The biggest problem in Australia is probably being overtaken by mad caravan owners trying to see how much axle wobble they get at 100 miles an hour.

I have to say that if I had not taken this photo of this caravan, by now I would have forgotten that I had ever been stuck behind it for all of 2 dead foxes.

No comments: