Friday 30 May 2008

Who built a zoo on a swamp?

We've just done the Perth zoo, which is somewhere that I have not been for about 25 years or more.  It is no longer a series of concrete bunkers and steel bars and other animal prison-type enclosures.  Rather, it is a paradise of greenery and winding paths and very nice enclosures.  We only got to see about 1/3 of the zoo before the monkey wandered off to the Land of Nod, but I was quite impressed with what we saw.  I wouldn't even baulk for an instant at paying $18 to get in again - particularly when parking outside is $1 an hour.  Yes, that is one dollar.  Eat your heart out, Sydney.

It's a great place to visit, and we will be going back.  But there is just one thing that you need to remember to pack - mosquito repellent.  They have done their best to replicate a jungle environment, and it has worked.  All they need now are a few million leeches to go with the mosquitoes.  I swatted five whilst watching an orangutan strut her stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
Gearbox Reconditioning Perth