Monday 3 September 2007

Architectural mish-mash

The ride today was around the Breakfast Point area, which is a bit of expensive waterfront a bit further west of us. My first ride through this area introduced me to a two door Bentley - the first I had seen in Sydney. I was gawking at the buildings, and almost ran into the back of it. It's the kind of car you normally only see on Top Gear with a price tag of $250,000, so I was a bit surprised to see it parked in the street of this development



It took me about 10 seconds to figure out that it probably belongs to the developer, rather than the owner of one of these apartments.

I snapped these two photos because I liked the juxtaposition between the old buildings on the site (which are presumably being retained for heritage reasons) and the new. The shocking thing is that for once, the design of the new apartments does not make me gag and want to vomit on the spot. If I didn't have rugrats, I could actually see myself residing in one of these (assuming I had the cash - they are not cheap).



I think I will just have to resign myself to squatting in one of these derelict "heritage" dumps near the water.

No comments: