Monday 17 September 2007

Winos vs Police

I took this happy snap on the way home the other day. It features a beer bottle in a brown paper bag out the front of our local plod shop.

Nice. Says a lot about how safe I feel about walking around Wog Dock on a Saturday night.



On a positive note, I did get plod to clean up their yard. Or at least I got them to tell their contractor to clean up their yard.

Here's how it went.

I walked into the plod shop and asked to talk to the Plod Commander (Station Commander).

Plod "We don't have one."

Me: "In that case, I'd like to talk to the Plod in Charge".

Plod: "We don't have one. What's it about?"

Me: "It's about all the rubbish in your yard. I want it cleaned up."

Plod: "That's not our problem. A contractor does it."

Me: "I know that. I have seen the bloke out the front with his truck. I want you to get him to do his job properly, and actually pick up the rubbish".

Plod: "Well, you seem to know more about the contractual arrangements than we do. It's all taken care of by the Local Area Manager (LAM) at Burwood."

Me: "Who is that?"

Plod: "I don't know. Call the station and ask to speak to the LAM."

Me: "OK".

Plod: "It's been like that for 6 months. Filthy isn't it?"

Me: "Yes. Bye".

I am halfway home when I go, hang on - if the plod knows the yard is a complete disgrace, and the plod knows who to call to get it fixed, why is plod telling me to ring the LAM to get it fixed? Why doesn't the lazy bloody plod pick up the station phone, call Burwood, talk to the LAM and get it organised?

Sheesh. Talk about a total lack of drive, direction and management.

No comments: