Tuesday 4 September 2007

Victory is mine

I have been pestering the council for the last few months about a "no parking" spot outside our house. The traffic wardens have this horrible habit of coming down our street and giving people a $179 fine for parking outside our place, but there is no sign saying that you can't park there. After getting a ticket myself, and discovering that all the other residents in our end of the street had gotten a ticket, I pestered them into erecting a sign.

I got a letter six weeks ago saying that a committee was going to study the matter. Having heard no more since then, I have been gearing up of late to start annoying the council again. Then I walked out the front door this morning, and almost walked into a bloke carrying a shovel. There was a council van parked across the road. In the back was a "no stopping" sign.

Thankfully, he installed it in such a way that I can still park the car outside our place. Of course I got home and there was a car parked in the "no stopping" zone. I wonder how many people are going to realise that there is a newly erected sign there and not park where they can get a ticket?

No comments: