Tuesday 28 April 2009

All the news that's fit to skew

A thought struck me today. I read and listen to a reasonable amount of US news direct from the US, and it occured to me that I had not read a word about the recent tea parties in the SMH.

So I did some searches.

I found one reference in the SMH to the tea party protests. It was buried in an article about how Obama wanted a cut of $100 million in the budget.

The cabinet meeting came days after a string of "Tea Party" demonstrations across the United States, which saw Obama critics claim the administration was busting hopes of future prosperity with high taxation and ballooning deficits.

By comparison, a search of the SMH for the "million man march", which occured in 1995 - long before the SMH even thought of putting any content online - drew 45 hits.

Cindy Sheehan rated 109 articles.

"US Gay pride" returned 315 articles.

Just interesting, is all I am saying.

No comments: