Thursday 3 December 2009

If taxi drivers weren't vaguely useful, we'd have to kill most of them

I know it's hard to get a sense of perspective in incidents like this because the field of view of my video camera is so narrow. But let me just say that when this taxi went past, my heart leapt into my mouth. If it had one extra coat of paint on the doors, it would have rubbed up against my legs.


What many drivers like this forget is that there is a good chance that I can catch them for a quick chat. This taxi pulled up less than 1km down the road to let his fare out. They don't seem to think that their stupid actions might catch up with them a minute or two later.

1 comment:

Richard_H said...

Argh...
Something like this happened to me this morning....

I was riding to work, along a street near home, and this dopey girl pulled out of her driveway, nearly infront of me. She was actually looking at me forchrissakes when she pulled out. I had to brake to miss her. Then, the dopey cow pulls up 200m down the road at a bus stop to pick someone up, at which point I flew past her, i.e. she would have lost no time in obeying the law and giving me right of way...

Morons......