Sunday 20 September 2009

A monkey in the kitchen

Although I cop a fair amount of grief for doing so, I allow Monkey to make his own sandwiches and crackers. He can be a bit hit and miss though - some days, the butter is spread beautifully across the toast from corner to corner. On other days, the toast is a soggy slab of mush floating in a sea of molten butter. And don't start me on spreading the peanut butter - his idea of doing it is "one scoop for me, one scoop for the bread". He sticks the knife into the jar, licks the peanut butter off the end, then sticks it in again and puts some on the bread as he chews the bit in his mouth.

Repeat.

Here we have his effort from this morning. I don't know what went wrong here. Reminds me a bit of a Star Destroyer from this angle.

And so they learn. Two steps forward, one step back.

No comments: