Tuesday 9 September 2008

Donate, or I will kill this kitten

I got an email from the red-topped one today asking me to milk the masses of their hard-earned readies. In this case, I am not talking about Gillard and her desire to tax us all into the ground in order to pay for one-legged lesbian street theatre depicting the evil repression of the HoWARd era.

I am talking about sending money to the people who are being turned into crispy stick people by the bastards that run Sudan. I would normally say that I've done my bit by being supportive of the move by Kargo some months ago to take leave from the Army in order to go to Darfur and hoover up all the UN allowances on offer.

But in this case, we are not supporting Kargo on a marathon session at the public finance trough. Instead, we're being asked to support the mum of an Australian soldier who will shortly deploy to Darfur - she is doing a fun run to raise money for the people of Darfur. Her son Mark will be doing logistics stuff. Which probably involves drinking beer with Kargo and discussing travel allowances.

You can follow this link and contribute your bit.

No comments: