Tuesday 2 October 2007

Kleenmaid ovens

From looking at the miserable amount of web traffic to this blog, I noticed that one person was searching about Kleenmaid ovens (since I bagged one we had). I felt the need to put in another post to see if I could double my traffic.

The malfunction that terminated our Kleenmaid/St George oven was in the control board. Who would have thought that an oven would have a computer control system that was so prone to failure, and so expensive to fix, that it would be more economical to replace it with a new oven?

I do miss one feature of the old oven - a precise, digital temperature control. If your muffin recipe said to cook them at 170, you dialled in 170 an (hopefully) that is what you got. Our new oven has this stupid dial control, and you could set it to anywhere between 150 and 190 when trying to get the temperature right.

The old Kleenmaid oven was also quite wide internally. The replacement has the same external dimensions, but is a few inches smaller inside. I detest that, since some of my roasting tins won't fit.

Would I buy a Kleenmaid oven after our experience? I would certainly look at them and consider them, but I wouldn't reject them out of hand.

No comments: