Monday 29 October 2007

I have nothing interesting to say

I just wanted to see how much traffic I could drive over here.

I was chatting to a work colleague today and he showed me a video of his revenge on his old boss. This was all done pre-9/11 by the way, and just goes to show what an anti-fun place the world has become.

His boss played a prank on him by sending him a text message in the wee small hours of the morning telling him that a high ranking manager in the company was having laptop problems.

My colleague, being the newbie, immediately rang the manager to ask what the problem was.

Manager, who had just been hauled out of bed at 3am by his ringing mobile phone, was not amused.

My colleague plotted for months, and eventually secreted a small explosive charge in the rubbish bin of the prankster, covered it in confetti and sparklers, and attached the detonator to the prankster's chair. When the prankster sat in his chair and moved it forward, the charge went off and showered him in shredded paper.

The shock was so great, prankster had to take two weeks stress leave.

But he never tried to pull a practical joke on anyone else at work again. The amazing this is that my colleague was not sacked for the whole affair. But I guess that is what life was like a decade ago.

No comments: