Monday 2 July 2007

Speeding and silly drivers



I had the misfortune to share the road with this silly cow on the weekend. Her car lacked a few vital things, like cruise control and a mobile phone kit. We first met her when she started tailgating me around Campbelltown (whilst yapping on the phone). I managed to get out of the fast lane after a while (traffic was thick) and let her past.

She promptly slowed down to below the speed limit, so we passed her again. For a while, she tonked along at about 90 in a 110 zone.

Then she went ripping past at about 140, still talking on the phone.

The she slowed down to 100 again.

This went on and on for about half an hour.



Unfortunately, this did not happen to her. Some time after we got rid of her, I was tonking along with the cruise control set to 110 when I saw a black car really approaching fast in my mirror. Just as the car came zooming up, we went around a bend, and there was a red cop car sitting on the side of the road. Because I was in the left hand lane, and it was a right hand bend, I saw the cop a long time before stupid in the fast lane. I was pissing myself laughing as he just went tearing by, then saw the cop - way too late - and tried to slow down.

He knew he was done. I reckon the cop probably got him for 30+ over the limit.

No comments: