Sunday 15 July 2007

Leaping lizards

We were doing a cleanout of the backyard today when this little fella was unearthed in a bag.



It was pretty cold out, so he wasn't moving that fast. In fact he was moving so slowly, J thought he was dead. He woke up a bit once I picked him up and took him across the road to the park.

The last one of these that I picked up was at least four times as long. Even though I had him by the back of the neck, it was big enough for it's rear claws to be able to reach up and rake my hand. This little one lacked the reach to even tickle me.

The other risk in picking these guys up is that they crap all over you. It might have been a while since he last had a feed, as nothing untoward came my way.

Number one asked after I had released it if we could keep it. I was in half a mind to suggest that, but from the way J was looking at it, it was a question best not asked.

No comments: