Saturday 8 September 2007

Will the ABC publish my photo of a wanted war criminal?

I spotted Keyser Trad yapping away to a camera, so I grabbed a few photos of him. I have cropped this photo, ala Reuters style, to show him with a great placard behind his head - "wanted for war crimes - have you seen this man?" I thought that was great.

The original photo of course has a photo of GWB on the top of the placard, but if Reuters can root around and photoshop their images, then so can I. It's all about context after all.



I have uploaded this photo to the ABC website. It will be hilarious if they run it. I am trying to figure out how to upload it to the SMH as well - they used to have this feature where you could SMS your photos in. I can't find it now.

Just to show that I am unbiased, here is the original, uncut photo.



The media was having the usuall feeding frenzy. These two still photographers were vying to get the best shot of Trad. The short, bald guy on the right elbowed the tall guy out of the way, and some nasty looks were exchanged. Peace and love was lacking in some quarters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Mamdouh Habib not the Tradmeister (you may delete this comment).

Boy on a bike said...

Thanks Rod.

All fuckwits look alike to me.