Monday 24 September 2007

More magpies

I was chatting to a Mum at the park today (whilst Monkey was stealing her daughter's ball) and the subject of Magpies came up. Mainly because there was one sitting on the fence behind us, eyeballing our biscuits.



She mentioned that her husband had been bombed whilst out riding, and he came home with blood all over the side of his face after one nicked his ear.

That hasn't happened to me yet, but I was a bit more careful when I was out on the bike today. I kept a weather eye on them as I zipped past, and was thankful that I managed to sneak up on most of those that I saw. Instead of sitting in trees ready to leap off and swoop and bomb, they were sitting on the ground. By the time they noticed me, I was long gone, and it was too late to get airborne and follow me down the bike track.

It seems that apart from having a good helmet, speed is of the essence.

No comments: