Monday 24 September 2007

Cut their thumbs off

This house has been collecting graffiti for the last few months like a hippy collects fleas.

There are people living here, as I've seen the front door open and kids bikes on the lawn.

I just can't understand why they have not made some effort to get it cleaned up - there's even graffiti sprayed on the front window. Surely it can't be that hard to scrape it off glass?

I was riding up our street on the weekend and noticed an old couple were scrubbing or painting over some tags on their front wall. If they can do it, these bludgers should certainly be able to do something.



I don't care if they're renting - if they tell their landlord, the landlord should take care of it.

Our council is running a big anti-graffiti push, so I've emailed them and asked if council can do something about it - like lean on the owner or the landlord. I know they can repaint commercial premises if they want to (and then charge the owner for doing it), but I don't know what they can do about residential property.

We'll see what becomes of it.

I think the only way to get the window at the front cleaned up is to put a brick through it.

As for the people doing the spray painting, it's bloody hard to hold a spray can if you don't have any thumbs.

No comments: