- Most Aboriginals live in urban areas (knew that already)
- The Aboriginal workforce participation rate is about 60% - not much lower than non-Aboriginal Australia
- The bottom 150 schools in the country, resulting from the NAPLAN tests, are pretty much all small schools in remote Aboriginal communities. The failure rate is over 70%.
- One problem is not that the kids don't turn up to learn - it's that the teachers don't turn up to teach!
- There are 10,000 adult Aboriginal men in the NT who have finished school and are totally illiterate - they are unemployable
- Low expectations is a big problem
- Poor behaviour and discipline is an even bigger problem
- However, when you compare the performance of dysfunctional, welfare dependent Aboriginal families with dysfunctional, welfare dependent white families, there is almost no gap in performance - both are completely shit.
There was more, but the brain can only absorb so much. Give it a go.