A teacher who is judged to be incapable of ever improving his work has become the first to be banned for life from the classroom due to incompetence.
The truly shocking quotes from the article:
- He had taught for a total of 13 years at schools across the South-East.
- Just 13 teachers have been banned from the profession for fixed periods for incompetence since 2000.
- Mr Ahmed is the first to receive a prohibition order without time limit.
- Two years ago, GTC chief executive Keith Bartley said there could be as many as 17,000 'substandard' members of staff among the 500,000 registered teachers in the UK.
- The small number banned for incompetence will spark fears these teachers are simply being recycled.
Bugger me with a broomstick.