Tuesday 28 August 2007

To stockpile or not to stockpile?

Should one stockpile enormous quantities of toilet paper, or is it better to purchase it on a regular basis?

I ask this question as I was in a supermarket the other day, and when I went to pay for my goods, the checkout chick told me that I could get a better deal on toilet paper by swapping the rolls I had selected for a 12 pack that was piled up behind me. I pondered it for a second, and then said "Nah" and got on with it.

Now if I was a stockpiling type of person, I would have bought half a dozen packs and that would have been enough to last us a few months.

The problem is though that you get used to having unlimited toilet paper in the house, so you don't bother checking how much you have or buying it on every second visit to the supermarket - until that day when you find that the unlimited stockpile is empty.

So I figure it is better to just buy it on a regular basis.

No comments: