Friday 10 August 2007

Photo frames

Digital photo frames seem to be reaching the point where they might soon be a few in every house. I have mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, I reckon they are great, as they can reduce a lot of clutter from your shelves - we have several shelves that seem to be nothing but photos in frames, and we are always breaking the frames (well, the little monkey breaks them).

On the other hand, a lot of photos that are taken are just terrible. I reckon that if we put a digital frame into the loungeroom to replace 10 normal photos, I'd be lucky to find 30 good digital photos to load into it.

I also think that they can be a terrible distraction - as bad as TV, if not worse. When people come to visit, the TV goes off. The last thing I then want is their eyes being drawn to a digital frame that changes picture every few minutes. Very anti-social.

No comments: