Sunday 26 August 2007

Curses

I frequently have to use headphones to listen to stuff on my PC whilst at home. It's all to do with having a two year old trying to sleep in the room next to the office. Mark that one down for experience - never put a bedroom for young kids anywhere near where you want to get some work done at night.

My headphones are of the USB type, and I was cursing them last week because I had plugged a black USB cable into my PC and the headphones were not working. I figured that the kids must have gotten hold of them again and damaged them beyond repair.

A week or so later, I discovered that I had in fact plugged in the new black cable that came with my GPS unit, not the black cable that is part of my headphones.

This wasn't a problem until I got the GPS. My camera came with a white USB cable, so there was a clear separation between functions. I am now wishing that USB cables came in lots of different colours, including some with stripes and polka dots. Either that, or it is time everything went wireless.

No comments: