Tuesday 7 February 2012

A few photos


I stupidly left some things at work on Friday, so I had to pop into the office on the weekend to collect them. What better way to travel than by bike? For once, the sky was clear and I didn't get rained on.



The wedding planners must have been grateful for some good weather at last - The Rocks was full of wedding parties being photographed. 





Lots of people at Darling Harbour - dragon boat racing time.




There's always a nimrod willing to go through red lights. 






Weekend cyclists tend to be a very different bunch to the regular commuters. This threesome gave every indication of not really knowing where they were going, and they certainly didn't know all the ins and outs of this particular road (I know every pot hole and crack, and could steer around them in my sleep). Their riding style was quite different - they were riding as a threesome, and then the bloke in the distance just took off and left the rest of us behind. He was getting his thrills.


I enjoy the weekend rides when I'm heading in any direction except the city - I don't feel the need to be anywhere at a particular time, and I enjoy the ride for what it is. Only problem is that I don't get to do that often enough.

No comments: