Monday 6 February 2012

Be vewy, vewy quiet

For me, the trick to having an easy start to the morning is to get up early and go before the rest of the family wakes up. If the youngsters wake up, they'll hound me for something silly like chocolate custard for breakfast. And knowing that daddy is an easy mark, they might just get it.

So there are times when I try to be super-organised. Shirts are ironed and work and cycling clothes are laid out in the bathroom where I can get changed without any risk of cupboard doors banging shut and waking kiddies. Lunch is pre-packed and in the fridge. My "every day carry" of wallet, keys, glasses, phone, building pass etc etc is all squared away and ready for grabbing as I sneak out the door. It's all about getting up and getting out as quietly as can be.

Of course Sod's Law kicks in more often than not. I was very nicely prepped this morning. And then the kids woke up 5 minutes before my alarm went off, and I spent the next 40 minutes fending off demands for chocolate custard whilst I tried to dress, pack, eat and leave.

And no, they didn't get any.

We were out of chocolate.

No comments: