Saturday 21 April 2007

Crash landing


Since I didn't get a photo of the crash the other day, the next best thing is a photo of the site. Here we are looking downhill towards the first roundabout behind Darling Harbour. It's a nice little hill - I get enough of a boost by just rolling down it to be doing about 40km/h as I go around it most mornings. However, it is a nasty roundabout, as it has a bike lane thingy at the exit, and if a vehicle is going to fast, it will clip the small island. It is one of those stupid things where the exit is tighter than the entrance, so drivers can easily be fooled and enter too quickly (like the truck did).


The second photo is a nice blury closeup of the island at the exit - the small dark car is going around it. I had a look at the island as I rode past, and sure enough, there were some rubber skid marks across it and a bit of gouging in the concrete. The truck had gone right across the middle of it - the marks are about where the back left hand wheel of the dark car is.

Silly sod.

Even cops can be silly sods, as this photo can atest to. It's a cop car on the Hume that has been rear ended by a semi. (I didn't take this photo).

No comments: