Sunday 18 June 2006

Wimpy thumbs

My hands have turned into the perfect, soft office worker hands. No more callouses. No lumpy bits. No strength either.

I got a flat last week - in my kevlar lined un-puncturable tyre - and had to change it on the way to work. Getting the tyre off was not too bad, but getting it back on was a nightmare. My fingers and thumbs have got all wimpy. They are so soft, the skin peeled back from around my thumbnails under the pressure of getting the tyre back on. Ouch.

To cap it off, I was eyeing off a tyre lever tool last week that is supposed to make the job of putting the tyre back on so much easier. I looked at it, considered spending $20 on it and then went, "Nah, I have puncture-proof tyres".

Now of course I can't find the advertisement for the blasted thing, which can only be bought through one on-line store.

Damn and blast.

No comments: