Sunday 18 June 2006

Deader than the yoyo?

Personally, I thought the windsurfer was deader than the yoyo, which is even deader than the Dodo. However, someone must be cleaning out their garage and selling the dusty stuff in the back on e-Bay as I spotted these critters on The Bay this afternoon. It was a nice day for learning (and they were learners) - just enough of a breeze to get you going, but not enough to pull you over. Flat water, shallow water and enough sunlight to make you think only twice or maybe three times before pulling on the wetsuit and braving the water.

The bloke on the right managed to tack this way and that and go up and down as I stood there watching, and he only fell in as he was returning to shore to give it up for the day. He was cursing and swearing - the water must be pretty nippy at the moment. He was yelling that he had managed to stay on his board all afternoon, and only fell off in the last 30 seconds.

I posted this as I reckon it is a pretty cool photo. Check out the reflection of the sail on the water.

Yes, the sun might be shining, but I was cycling with a thermal top on. Bright, but chilly.

No comments: