Tuesday 19 April 2011

I hate lots of bike lanes

A small confession - I really can't stand a lot of bike lanes. You know why? It's because they're for spastics (yes, I'm being politically incorrect tonight for some reason). They're for cyclists who are soft and useless. They're for learners - people who should have a big L stapled to their forehead to denote LOSER.

We don't build separate car lanes for learner drivers - they just have to put up with all the other arseholes on the road. 

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against all bike lanes. Just those that are needless and useless - and that unfortunately includes a lot of them. They slow me down. They're sometimes laid out in a way that makes them much more dangerous to use than riding on the road in peak hour traffic. They're an expensive and annoying waste of space. 

I do like them in certain circumstances, but those are rare. I won't bother listing them, as I'm sure you couldn't care less, and couldn't be arsed to read the entire list. 

I'm really annoyed at badly designed bike lanes because my small accident last night has resulted in pulled muscles all down one side. I'm grumpy and in a certain amount of pain - all because a bunch of fuckwits designed and built an appalling bit of infrastructure (which I then used in an inappropriate manner) - but I would never have come close to smashing into a wall if that particular path had been laid out better.

Bah humbug.

1 comment:

1735099 said...

BOAB
You should probably get a referral to a physio. At your age, those torn muscles may need rehabilitation.
I work with a bunch of Phyios (and OTs) and they're good people to know.