Friday 7 August 2009

What's this?

For once, this is not an unusual photo taken by Monkey.


.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
..

.
.
.
We have three Indian myna birds who like to lurk in our back yard. They are a very inquisitive bunch of sods.

I left the cover off the BBQ after cooking up some lamb chops. Later, I found these marks in the fat left on the plate. I had no clue what they were. A few hours after that, I was peering out the window and spied the birds skidding across the hot plate.

That is a myna bird foot print in congealed lamb fat.

2 comments:

Pogria said...

Shoot the bastards. Filthy, diseased flying vermin.

Indian Mynahs very rarely visit my place. They know that very few leave alive.

Boy on a bike said...

When I was a kid, I had a single shot, bolt action .22 that was perfect for these sorts of things. I had a box of dust shot for the .22 for shooting flying rats - I guess it buggered the barrel over time, but the rifle was about 100 years old, and I have no idea where it is today.