Saturday 1 August 2009

The pitfalls of lowering the voting age

Conversation with Junior this week:

Junior: "These Gameboy games are wrecked! Who wrecked them? It's not my fault!"

Me:" I haven't seen those games before - where did they come from?"

Junior: "I got them at school. It's not my fault!"

Me: "So how did you bring them home?"

Junior: "I put them in the pocket of my school jacket. It's not my fault!"

Me: "And what did you do with the jacket when you got home?"

Junior: "I put it in the washing machine. It's not my fault!"

Me: "uh-huh".

Junior: "Look at them - they're wrecked! I want new ones! It's not my fault they're broken!"

Me: "Did you empty your pockets before you put your jacked in the machine, like we tell you to do at least twice a week?"

Junior: "No, but that's not my fault!"

Me: "So you put the games in your jacket pocket, and then put the jacket in the wash - correct?"

Junior: "Yes, but."

Me: "But what?"

Junior: "But it's not my fault!"

1 comment:

kae said...

Sorry BoaB, I have to ask... no offence to J, either.

His name isn't Kevin is it?