Monday 21 June 2010

Monday photos

I did my usual "poke the camera in that direction" this morning and got this photo. I didn't notice the planes at the time, but there are two in this photo. You need to click on it to enlarge it and see the more distant one. I was actually interested in the cloud formations. It appeared to be raining in the distance, yet it was clear overhead where I was.


Is the cycleway now permanently open, or is the council going to annoy us every few days by changing their mind and closing it, opening it, closing it etc etc. I thought that the wet weather this morning had discouraged most cyclists, until I got through Pyrmont and spotted this two.


And then about 5 seconds later, this mob turned up....followed by even more on two wheels. You'll note that a bunch of us, including me, are on the wrong side of the concrete barrier. That's because some idiot somewhere has not figured out that there are cyclists that bear right here and ride around the back of Darling Harbour. The only sensible way to do that is to start from where I am standing - not over there on the other side of the concrete. Why are frigging cycle paths designed by people who have never ridden a bicycle?


3 comments:

BOB said...

When we got there it was full of pedestrians.

1735099 said...

Closer of the two aircraft looks like a Qantas Airbus A330-300.

1735099 said...

Wrong - when I enlarged it could see it was a 747B.
Was Qantas.