Friday 8 May 2009

Squashing small dogs

I've been a real mess the last few days - a tooth had become infected, and until I managed to see the dentist today, it was driving me nuts. I was hobbling around like an old man - every joint hurt, my head ached and even my skin was sore. I could hardly bear to towel myself down after a shower tonight.

I am booked in for a root canal early next week. In the meantime, I have been stuffed full of antibiotics and Panadeine Forte.

I made the mistake of stopping for lunch on the way back from the dentist, and knocking off two Panadeine Fortes before my tasty burger arrived. It was only about 20 minutes between when I swallowed them and when I got home, but the drive home must have been a shocker. When I got out of the car, I couldn't walk straight. In fact, I could hardly stand up at all. I was spacing out severely. I collapsed into bed as soon as I made it in the front door, and had 4 hours of freaky dreams.

I didn't notice it in the car, but I would not be surprised if I have left a trail of destruction through Drummoyne - small dogs squashed on the footpath, flattened rubbish bins, mangled street signs and cars with no wing mirrors. And of course shocked grannies holding a lead now attached to a poodle all of half an inch tall.

Just say "no" to drugs, kids. Just say no.

2 comments:

Margo's Maid said...

Sure, BOAB, you may be in some agony, but the most important thing is that you continue to entertain your readers at the high standard we have become accustomed to right til the bitter end. Capiche?

No...but seriously, take it easy. We'll still be here when you get better.

kc said...

For a drugged up Aussie, you are WONDERFULLY AMUSING! Thank you!

I get the same way. It's only fun to read about, not to experience. So no more driving while painkilling, ok? Take care, we'll wait!