Wednesday 27 June 2007

A new car stereo

I am getting a new car stereo fitted tomorrow - something that will bring us into the 21st century. It's just an Alpine head unit with an iPod connector. The iPod goes in the glovebox and never comes out, and you select your songs or playlists by using the controls on the head unit. It also plays CD's and has a radio (golly gosh) and that's about it.

The interesting thing though is that I have been through the Alpine Australia web site, and I can't find the model that the car audio guy is going to fit. Either he has written down the wrong model number on his business card, or he has sold me something that is now end of life.

Who cares? So long as I get rid of the CD stacker, I am not bothered.

Trouble is, this exercise will involve spending 1-2 hours in Artarmon. There is nothing to do in Artarmon. Imagine being on a train that stopped at a small hut in the middle of nowhere, and you had to get off and wait for the next train.

That will be me.

No comments: