Wednesday 27 June 2007

Maybe Leichhardt aren't so bad after all

I sent an email to Leichhardt council the other day about faded (or non-existant) line marking along the cycle path on Lilyfield Rd. J opined that it was a waste of time - she thinks that out of all the councils around us, Leichhardt are the most useless and least responsive of the lot.

Imagine my surprise when a day later, I got an email asking me to call one of the council officers to clarify where the line marking was required. I rang the council, and was told that they are also going to be putting down some green paint further up the road to properly mark the bike path at a troublesome intersection.

Since I am not riding at the moment, I don't know when this will get done, but their response time was pretty good. They have gone up in my estimation greatly.

No comments: