Monday 14 May 2007

Lego insanity

I never watch daytime television if I can help it. The moronity level is just too great for my brain to handle. But for some reason, I watched a bit of it over the weekend. God knows why. I won't be making that mistake again.

Well, maybe I do watch a bit of daytime TV. I watch the ABC kids stuff on ABC2, which is excellent. But apart from that, I avoid the soaps, news and talk shows.

A talk show is what I hit on the weekend. I think I was channel surfing looking for Rage when I hit this segment that was all about a furor over some LEGO Star Wars figure that had a big gun. Most of the panel of idiots was offended by this. One sole panel member had the brains and the balls to tell the rest that they were idiots.

To start with, one stated that it was terrible to allow 3 year olds to be exposed to LEGO guns. Well, I don't know if any of them have kids, or if they have time to play with their kids during their busy TV careers, but I thought that kids of that age played with DUPLO, which is big fat LEGO for youngsters. LEGO is more for 5 year olds.

Apart from that, our house contains a good sampling of LEGO action figures, including quite a few from Star Wars. Most of them are armed with light sabres, since it's pretty hard to do a Star Wars anything without including a light sabre. Junior has of course managed to fiddle with the light sabres and other bits and peices to produce some horrendously large guns to go with the figurines. LEGO might not sell guns, but kids will quickly manufacture them from whatever is to hand.

If I can, I might sneak into his room tomorrow whilst he is at school and photograph a few examples. The LEGO knockers are maniacs.

No comments: