Thursday 18 May 2006

Lashings Mk II

Ok, after bashing Lashings last week I went back for seconds a few days back. After lugging boxes of books around all day, I felt the need for feed. This time, I went for a modern poncy burger called "The Moroccan". To me, that sounds a bit like a character in a 1970's police show on TV - "This week, the boys in Division 5 battle an evil gang of bank robbers, headed up by the arch bandit known as 'The Moroccan'".

The Moroccan is a simple chicken fillet burger where the fillet has been rolled in Moroccan spices. Lightly rolled. The burger flipper has clearly never eaten at Kazbah in Balmain, where the chicken is not lightly dusted with spices. It is not rolled in spices. It has spice packed and stuffed into it until it is 50% chicken and 50% spice. It is a bit over the top. I like a bit of tasty stuff, but I also like to eat chicken. If I wanted a spice burger instead of a chicken burger, I'd order a spice burger.

Thankfully, Lashings does the chicken burger with a hint of spice. It's not boosted up with pepper or chilli or anything like that - it's just a nice mix of Moroccan spices. Not the best mix, but a good mix. I liked it.

They live to feed me another day.

Except that the bastards were out of chocolate brownies. A thousand curses on their smelly feet.

No comments: