Sunday 4 November 2007

Thank Christ - I thought I was going blind

I always thought I was the only one that was unable to see lane markers when the rain absolutely buckets down.

Then I read this.

It used to be really bad in my old cars, since they had anti-fogging systems that never worked, ratty old windscreens and were low-ish to the ground. Their headlights also sucked.

The Disco is much better. One touch of the de-misting button, and the windscreen is as clear as a bell. The lights are better than my old car with spotlights. The added height above the ground also seems to make it easier to see the road ahead - must be something to do with perspective.

I still wish the RTA would invest in some sort of paint that was visible when it rains after dark. I usually only manage to stay in my lane by simply avoiding the cars to either side of me.

Sheesh, I hate the keyboard on this laptop. It has the most useless shift key on the planet. I am always having to go back to the start of each sentence to capitalise the first letter.

No comments: