Tuesday 19 June 2007

Stupid street treatment



I went into the wild wet yonder today in order to get rid of this bout of cabin fever. If I don't ride, I get cold at night. I just don't get my core temperature up enough to get me through the winter cold. Since I had nowhere to ride to, and no purpose, I just stooged around Concord for the better part of an hour. I could have gone for longer, but I was starting to lose feeling in my ears. Must get a head wrap of some sort to go under the helmet.

All I did was randomly turn into streets and so meandered this way and that. Apart from being cold and slightly drizzly, it was quite pleasant.

Until I turned into this street. The end of the street has bee cobbled with what felt like a boulder field. I hit the cobbles and just went wobble-wobble-wobble until I reached the other side.

Fair enough, put some cobbles in, but put some grout between the bloody cobbles! It might be deliberate of course to slow drivers down, but in that case, put a bike diversion up the side.

Idiots.

No comments: