Wednesday 2 May 2007

The RTA gets it right (fr once)

For some reason, the path over the ANZAC bridge was recently strewn with broken glass over a reasonable distance. It was not big chunks of glass, like when you smash a beer bottle - it was little bits like when an old style windscreen shattered. My take was that there had been a prang on the bridge, and a tow truck driver swept up the glass and just dumped it over the concrete barrier onto the footpath. It could have been broken headlights, or an old windscreen. Whatever it had been, it covered at least 20 feet of path.

So I jumped onto the RTA website today and left a message asking them to send out a sweeper thingy to clean all the glass up. My expectations were not high - about a year ago, I reported that the lights along the same section were all out, and nothing ever seemed to happen.

But when I rode home, all the glass was gone. And all the leaves and twigs and things further down the path, so they had obviously swept it totally from one end to the other.

Clearly, some parts of our beauracracies work properly from time to time, and the result is good. I just wish that I got this kind of treatment everytime.

But thumbs up anyway.

No comments: