Friday 13 April 2007

Yuck

The tide was out a bit this morning, and boy, did the mud stink as I rode past. I don't normally get to ride around at low tide, so the smell has never bothered me in the past. I don't know what it is that is collecting in that mud, but it is black, yucky and putrid. A good place for developing three headed fish.

The other thing that worries me about riding around here is that if you have to swerve of the path (to avoid a stupid dog or pram), there is no guard rail and a sharp drop into the water. The water of course is generally less than a foot deep, and it vaguely conceals lots of pointy rocks. I always make a point of taking it easy when coming up behind people, and I always try and pass on the right. Going nose first off here would not be fun.

No comments: