Wednesday 18 April 2007

Canals

I cross this canal several times a week on the way home, and I am always cursing myself for not taking a photo from the bridge. At times, when the sun is low on the horizon, it reflects quite incredibly off the water. However, once I am across the bridge, I have this thing about not going back to take a photo. I always want to be moving forwards, which means that I miss good photo ops on a daily basis.

The ride around this area is pretty good - it's dead flat, the dogs are few, the path is fairly free of bumps and root intrusions and it meanders nicely through the trees and past tennis courts and a doggie cafe. The trees generally cut down on the wind, so that the air is fairly still and fresh.

The only problem with the canal is that all the bogans up the road dump their rubbish anywhere, and it all washes into this canal whenever there is some decent rain. And you can't houseboat on it, given that it is barely deep enough to drown a poodle. Still, it serves to keep the dogs on their side of the park and the bikes on the other side. Dogs and bikes do not go together.

No comments: