Thursday 12 April 2007

Bludging?

I had a late start this morning - jet lag and all that. As I was zipping around the Bay, I spotted a council truck parked in the car park, with one worker reading the Telegraph and the other doing not much at all.

It was around 9am, so for all I know, they were on a break. However, given the state of Council infrastructure on their side of the Bay, there was a little voice in the back of my head going "They're bludging - that's what the Leichardt area is such crap compared to Canada Bay. The staff sit around doing nothing instead of fixing up the pot holes etc".


Then again, if I was going to park and have a smoko, I'd park where they did. The view across the water is pretty good.

I thought about writing to Council about it, but knowing how useless they are, I'd probably never get a reply, so why waste a stamp?

No comments: