Monday 2 April 2007

Not enough concrete

I don't know what it is about Leichardt council, but they really are a useless bunch of wallies. Some council worker came around one week and stuck a council notice of some sort on this pole between the bike and pedestrian paths around the Bay Run. I don't know what it said, as the writing was too small to read even when walking past slowly. Duh.

A few days later, the pole was face down in the dirt. I take it that the addition of about 15 grams of paper and sticky tape was too much for the foundations, and over it went.

The lump of concrete on the base is about the size of two clenched fists. If I was putting one of these in, I'd use a wheelbarrow full.

I guess the lazy sods dug the smallest hole that they could get away with between lunch and smoko.

No comments: