Tuesday 9 November 2010

Bad karma?

I've had more flats in the last month than in all of last year. I've given up trying to fix the front tyre for the moment - as the leak is very slow, I just pump it up in the morning, give it a top up before heading home and try not to think about changing the tube.

Well, I have thought about changing it a small amount. I paid a visit to a bike shop on Monday and bought two tubes.

On the way home, just as I was moving fast in order to avoid a nasty thunderstorm that was coming my way, I heard the sudden POP and then fzz, fzz, fzz of a deflating tyre.

Bugger. There goes the front tyre again.

But no! It was the back tyre! On a brand new, thick as two short planks tyre that is supposed to be bullet proof!

I can't tell you how impressed I was to be changing a tube during a thunderstorm, with sunset minutes away, whilst sitting on the side of the road with no wet weather gear.

2 comments:

Pedro the Ignorant said...

Something from your Army days BOAB: "Prevention and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance".

I am sure you needed that reminder:-)

Dr Mel said...

Dear BOAR,
Constant punctures are frightfully bad luck, old sport. The cause must leave you dumbfounded.

Anyway, I digress from expressing my heartfelt thanks for the Flemingesque title. Please permit me to return the favour with conseil du derrière.

A sensible diet, cheek lift or in default, a purpose built frame tressle in lieu of razor saddle, will provide dual protection against the looming anal injury and prolapsed buttocks.