Thursday 14 August 2008

Another symbol for grocerychoice

I just tried to find the Grocery Watch website, only to find that the stupid bastards have decided to call it "grocerychoice" instead.

You might at this point be asking, "Why do you have so many photos of shopping trolleys sitting in bodies of water"?

I don't know. I just like to take photos of shopping trolleys in stupid places, like this one in the middle of the Bay at Rodd Point - this is where our Olympic rowers train. When I rowed, I caught quite a few crabs, but I hope none of our rowers ever caught a trolley like this one.

I typed in our postcode and had a look at the results from grocerychoice.

What a pile of crap.

The site ignores the fact that we have a vibrant shopping strip here in Five Wog - we have five butchers on the main drag, and until recently, two fruit shops (the lease on one expired and he is in the process of setting up in another location just up the road). We also have two excellent bakers (both Vietnamese). Just down the road are the Flemington Markets, which are far and away the cheapest place to buy fruit and veg in Sydney. Over in Glebe, not 10 minutes away, we have an excellent wholesale butcher who charges at least 25% less than the average supermarket for better quality meat.

I know the internet is a great thing, but for the purpose of monitoring grocery prices, it is a pile of steaming crap.

No comments: