Wednesday 13 December 2006

Get my bloody order right

From a young age, all children in the western world are taught that McDonalds is a paragon of operations management. It is the best run fast food chain in the world. It is the company that invented big fat procedures manuals, training regimes, quality programs and all that hooey. They serve up a perfect meal every time.

Then why is it that on my last two visits to my local McDonalds, they have given me a Big Mac when I have asked for a Quarter Pounder? Both stuff ups happened when going through the drive-thru, and just in case you think I didn't put in the order correctly, on the second attempt, my lovely partner did the ordering.

I could understand a mix-up if they had a meal called a "half a flounder" and served me a fish on bread instead, but they don't. Say "Big Mac" and "Quarter Pounder" and see if they sound similar in any way.

Thankfully, when they did it the second time, I checked the docket before we drove off the lot, and we simply went around again and swapped it over. I hate Big Macs with a passion - I really can't bear them. I could have handled being given anything else on the menu except a Big Mac.

At least I can now write a letter of complaint to Macca's and see how they respond.

No comments: